Purpose: The Memorial Hall Library provides a community space for the display and dissemination of materials for community activities and events as well as public service notices of community interest.
The community bulletin boards may be used for posting the following types of information:
- Materials from Memorial Hall Library, the Friends of the Library, and the Town of Andover.
- Postings of forthcoming or continuing educational, social, civic, charitable, cultural, or recreational activities.
- Flyers, brochures, announcements, or schedules by nonprofit organizations, groups, or agencies, or by any federal, state, or local government agency pertaining to services provided by the government to citizens.
- Materials announcing community services and volunteer opportunities.
Items that do not meet the above criteria, such as commercial, personal, or political notices or petitions, will not be posted.
The following applies to all public bulletin boards or other areas used for public displays:
- All items must be reviewed and posted by library staff. Notices posted or left on tables without authorization will be removed and recycled.
- Due to limited display space, the library reserves the right to restrict the size, number, and location of display materials. Some approved items may not be posted due to space restrictions. Priority in posting will be given to announcements by local and neighboring organizations.
- Postings without a specific date will be displayed for a reasonable length of time, as determined by the library, and then removed. Once items are removed, they are recycled.
- The library has
twoone bulletin board available for public notices oneon the Lower Level. and one on the First Floor.Postings for Andover organizations will have priority on the First Floor display. Notices for children’s events and programs may be posted in the Children’s Room at the discretion of library staff.
- Memorial Hall Library does not assume responsibility for materials damaged or stolen.
- Posting of materials does not imply library endorsement or consent; nor will the library accept responsibility for the accuracy of the statements made in such materials.
Approved by the Memorial Hall Library Board of Trustees, September 10, 2008 Strikethrough changes pending approval by the Board of Trustees at their 11/8/17 meeting.