Filming and photography is allowed in the library with the following conditions:
- Users must obtain permission to film and/or photograph in the library from the Reference or Children's Librarians.
- News media photographers reporting on the library and its programs must obtain permission from all people who are photographed.
- Flash equipment may not be used in areas in which it might disturb library users.
- Equipment and cords may not obstruct passageways or cause disturbances to library users.
- Photographing, filming, and/or audio recording of members of the public, members of the library staff on duty, and public programs is prohibited unless permission has been granted by the library and/or the library users.
- Library staff may terminate any session that appears to compromise public safety or security.
- Users are responsible for obtaining their own permissions when photographing copyrighted material in the library.
Please note that Memorial Hall Library frequently engages in photographing and recording programs and events for publicity and promotional purposes.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees, April 13, 2011