This painting is part of a two part series of reproduction paintings of an anti-slavery banner presented in the Town of Andover on July 4, 1844. The painting was completed around 1996 as part of the Town of Andover's 350th anniversay. The original banners are in the Andover Historical Society collection. For more information about the original banner and it's place in Andover history, refer to the following documents.
"The Fourth at Andover" excerpt from the full edition of The True Wesleyan, August 10, 1844