Memorial Hall Library
Vinyl to Digital Conversion
- Place 1st side of record on turntable and press Start. The turntable is fully automatic and you do not need to move the needle.
- Open Audacity on the computer. Press the red record button.
- When the first side of the record finishes, the needle will lift automatically. If you wish to record the second side you can flip the record and press start again.
- When the second side finishes press stop in Audacity.
- Go to File and choose Export Audio. Save as Apple format.
- Drag the file into iTunes. Right click on the audio file in iTunes and choose Add to Playlist > New Playlist.
- Go to file and click “Burn Playlist to Disc”.
- Put a CD-R into the disc tray and burn the CD. You can also drag the file directly on to a USB drive.