To book a meeting room, call Administrative Secretary Maura Deems at 978-623-8415 for availability.
Meeting Room Policy
Purpose: Memorial Hall Library exists for the purpose of providing library services for residents of Andover, Massachusetts. The library's meeting rooms are used primarily for library programs but may be used for meetings by non-profit groups engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, or civic activities. The meeting room facilities shall be made available to such groups on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting use.
Policy: When meeting rooms are not being used for library programs, the Trustees of Memorial Hall welcome the use of the meeting rooms by non-profit groups whose primary clientele are Andover residents. Such use of the rooms must be free and open to the public. The meeting rooms will be scheduled according to the following priorities:
- Library related meetings or programs
- Municipal meetings or programs
- Other local non-profit groups may use a room once a year for meetings (but not programs) as scheduling permits. Occasionally, a group may use the room more often if such use does not inhibit other groups from using the space.
- All requests to use a meeting room must be made in advance by an Andover resident who takes responsibility for the group's compliance with this policy.
- Groups using the meeting room will be held responsible for any costs incurred by the Library or the Town as a result of that use. The Town may require that a group post a bond to cover anticipated costs (e.g., security) in advance of the program.
- The condition of the room must be neat when vacated. Wall hangings and furniture are to remain undisturbed unless special arrangements are made in advance.
- Fire laws limit maximum capacity to 160 people in Memorial Hall, but only 120 may fit comfortably and only 120 chairs are available. The maximum capacity of the Activity Room is 30 people.
- No food or drinks other than water are permitted in Memorial Hall at meetings scheduled by the public. No alcoholic beverages are allowed anywhere in the library.
- All activities must be confined to the meeting rooms. Approaching library users for the purpose of encouraging participation in the group's activities is prohibited.
- No soliciting of business or fundraising is allowed.
- Presenters who wish to use the Library’s projector system are strongly encouraged to test their equipment for compatibility ahead of time. Technical questions can be addressed to our Systems Librarian. No technical assistance is available on evenings and weekends.
- Any exceptions to these guidelines must be approved by the Library Director before a reservation is made. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in loss of use of the meeting room.
Policy amended and approved by the Memorial Hall Library Board of Trustees on 9/10/14; 6/24/15; 10/12/16