Libraries won't have many tax forms or publications this year due to budget cuts at the IRS. However, there are ways to get copies:
- Print federal tax forms and instructions by going to http://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs.
- Order forms online by going to http://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs/Order-Products and have them mailed to you.
- Order forms for individuals by calling the IRS at 1-800-TAX-FORMS and select #2. Have them mailed to you.
- Order forms for businesses by calling the IRS at 1-800-829-4933 and have them mailed to you.
- For people with hearing impairments, order forms by calling 1-800-829-4059 (TDD) and have them mailed to you.
- Visit the local tax office for face-face assistance. The closest location is at 1 Montvale Avenue, Stoneham. They're open Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. Give them a call at 781-835-4350.
For assistance with MA forms visit http://www.mass.gov/dor/forms.