The Library is located in the center of town, on North Main Street (Route 28) at the intersection of Elm, Main and Central Streets (also known as Elm Square). Other streets surrounding the library are Pearson Street and Essex Street.
There is a large, Pay by Space parking lot behind the library. Entrances to the lot are on Essex Street and Pearson Street.
- The parking lot is owned, controlled, and policed by the Town of Andover, not the library. For more information, please contact the Parking Hearing Officer at Town Hall at 978-623-8945.
- Parking is Pay by Space: Up to 4 hours at $.50 per hour. You can choose to receive a receipt when prompted but this is optional -- you do not need to put a receipt on your dashboard.
- There are two machines to use to pay for parking. You can pay with coins, $1 bills, debit card or credit card. The machines cannot give change. If for some reason a machine won't take coins or cash, you must pay with a debit or credit card to avoid being ticketed.
- Pay by Space is in effect Monday - Saturday from 8am - 6pm. There are also two (2) free 15 minute parking spaces behind Andolinis.
- In the event that the library parking lot is full, there is street parking on Elm, Central, Essex, and Pearson Streets. Most of this parking is for two hours.
- Reading Cooperative Bank and Bank of America have graciously offered to let you use their parking lots on Sundays and in the evenings when our lots are full because of events at the library. Entrances to both bank lots are on Central Street.
Access for Visitors With Disabilities
The rear entrance to the library is wheelchair accessible. Handicapped van and auto parking is available in the lot behind the library. Patrons with handicapped placards in or on their vehicle do not have to pay for parking whether they are parked in handicapped or "regular" spaces.