It's starting to (finally) feel like summer and with summer comes Summer Reading! Of course, there are Summer Reading lists from area schools and our summer reading programs but great books aren't just for students! These warm months are a great time to catch up on your reading, whether that be something beachy and fun or something that you can really sink your teeth into. Our staff loves to recommend books to patrons but we also love to read other people's recommendations! In light of this, here is a list of lists of summer reading recommendations from popular publications:
- The Atlantic - What the staffers of the long-running magazine are reading this summer. Includes adult fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.
- Book Riot's YA Paperbacks for Summer Reading - The best YA paperbacks to read this summer. Paperback are easy to tote to the beach!
- Boston Globe - Recommendations including literary fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, sports, and books being turned into movies.
- The Horn Book - Lists for Primary Grades, Intermediate, Middle School, and High School readers.
- Lee & Low - Diverse titles for PreK to 8th grade readers.
- The New York Times Book Review - New recommendations in thrillers, travel, sports, true crime, music, horror, historical fiction, cooking, and the great outdoors.
- Oprah Magazine - Includes YA, adult fiction, and nonfiction.
- Outside Online - Five great nonfiction and fiction titles for anyone who loves being outside or at least reading about it.
- Publisher's Weekly - A behemoth of a list that covers everything from Children's to YA to comics to romance!
Look for these titles and more in our catalog!