If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need--Cicero (d. 43BC)
The mission of the Andover Seed Library, located at Memorial Hall Library, is to nurture a community of organic gardeners by providing free seeds, free lectures and growing advice.
How the Seed Library Works
- Choose a maximum of 5 seed packets per visit.
- Pick up catalogs and planting guides, if available.
- Browse our gardening books in Level G in the 635s.
- Check back - we'll be adding new seeds during the season!
- Provide free seeds to the Andover community from seed companies and occasional seeds from gardeners who've saved seeds from plants that thrive in our local area.
- Encourage the use of heirloom, open-pollinated and organic seeds.
- Encourage gardeners to save seed and donate seed back to the Seed Library from successful varieties of plants they have grown.
- Educate our community on topics related to gardening, ecology, food and nutrition, health and wellness and the environment.
- Promote the importance of organic gardening for our health and the health of our planet.